I actually got to steal away a few minutes during all the Christmas mayhem yesterday and spent some of it at the bench. I managed to do some detail painting on the Mossie’s small parts but best of all I got the rest of the excess paint off of the canopy. The PVA glue that I had used to mask it stuck to it like, pardon the pun, glue. I literally had to scrape it off with a no.11 blade. I then hit it with a wet 3200 grit sanding stick. Sure it looks horrible at this point but a bit of elbow grease, a coat of Future, and a lot of touch up with a good old hairy stick should yield an acceptable result.
I am really going to try and finish this bird before the 1st. Key word being try. It’s totally doable if I can stay focused. I’ve started a lot of projects this year. I just didn’t get many over the finish line. Well, actually, I think only one. That will make for a short 2013 finished builds post.